Wondering where to rent a knee scooter either online or near you?
A knee scooter – also called a knee walker- is your immediate requirement after an injury or orthopedic surgery and one of the most beneficial and comfortable alternatives to crutches.
However, since it’s typically something you’ll only use temporarily, a good option is to rent a knee scooter, rather than buying it.
Below, we’ll go over some of the best places to rent one, so let’s dive in.
READ MORE: How to Fold Knee Scooter Properly
Why Rent a Knee Scooter Online?
You might question, Why should I rent a knee walker instead of buying one? Well, if you are undergoing a planned surgery, you can either choose a product beforehand at a store or order online.
But in case of an accidental ankle injury or a sprained ankle, you may need a more quick decision and rental product. In such a case, going online is the only option owing to limited mobility.
Moreover, some people find the online option to be easier and more convenient. Borrowing an online knee scooter has multiple advantages.
- You have a larger variety of items to choose from than you may with a local rental store.
- You can save money and get a premium quality product at an affordable price.
- Moreover, there are a lot of types of knee scooters, and you can choose according to your requirement.
- The rental models are already assembled and delivered to your doorstep.
If you are going to use the best knee walker for a short time period or temporarily, we suggest you rent a good one instead of investing money in buying it. This will save you time and money.
7 Best Rental Knee Scooters Online
Here are some online options for different rental knee scooters.
- #1 1800 Wheelchairs: Hands-down the BEST option, as they offer knee scooters at the lowest rental prices.
- #2 Cloud of Goods
- #3 Knee Scooters for College
- #4 Completemedicalsupply.net
- #5 Independently Yours
- #6 KC Home: While living in Kansas, you can easily rent an online knee walker.
- #7 CVI Medical
Or you can browse on Google or Bing. Type “Best rental knee scooters near me” and allow the search engine to detect your location.
If you’re not comfortable with that (some aren’t, and that’s fine), you can also search “Rent knee scooters in [ZIP CODE]. For example, if you live in Beverly Hills, “rent knee scooters in 90210.”
2 Easy Steps to Rent a Knee Scooter Online
Since most people have a recovery period of 6-8 weeks, opting for a no-hassle online rental is the best financial option.
Here’s a quick and easy guide to renting a knee scooter online in 2 easy steps.
1. Browse a knee scooter according to your requirement.
2. Complete the rental requirements.
Receive and ride!!
If you want to learn more about knee scooters, check this video:
What Features Should I Consider While Choosing a Knee Walker Online?
While you decide to rent a knee walker, we suggest you consider some features that will help you choose the right one for you.
- How long will you be using it?
- What’s the severity of the leg injury?
- Size and durability of the scooter
- Is it designed according to your height and weight capacity?
- Is the height adjustable?
- User; since the knee walkers designed for kids differ from those that come for adults.
- A knee caddy with a basket to carry the essentials.
- Comfortable knee scooter pad
- Adjustable locking handbrakes and rear brakes, which can instantly control the rear brakes to stop easily.
- Wheels; since walkers with large rubber wheels are suitable for roads or walk tracks, while some are designed specifically for flat surfaces.
- Compact and foldable for easy storage and transport.
How much does it cost to rent a knee scooter/ knee walker?
The average daily rental cost of a knee scooter or knee walker is between $25-$45 per week.
Does Walgreens rent knee scooters?
Currently, Walgreens is not offering rental knee scooters.
How much does a medical knee scooter cost?
The prices vary according to the brand. The estimated average price is between $100 to over $350.
Do knee scooters work on the carpet?
Knee scooters work well on all surfaces, including carpets, tiles, grass, or floor.
Does rent a knee scooter vs buying a knee scooter a good choice cost-wise?
When you consider the purchase price of a knee scooter, it is almost above $350. Mostly, you will need it for 4-6 weeks. So, if you need it for a shorter time period, we suggest you rent a scooter that costs around $25-$35.
However, if you are using a knee scooter for daily help, to avoid falls or further foot injury, then it may be useful for deciding to invest in a long-term purchase.
Renting a knee scooter is a wiser option and there are many online stores that provide you with the facility to avail of rental knee walkers.
- “Should You Rent or Buy a Knee Scooter? – Knee Scooter USA | $30/Mo Rentals.” 2021. Knee Scooter USA | $30/Mo Rentals. February 3, 2021. https://kneescooterusa.com/rent-or-buy/.
- “Sprained Ankle – Symptoms and Causes.” 2021. Mayo Clinic. 2021. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sprained-ankle/symptoms-causes/syc-20353225.
Do you know other places where to rent a knee scooter? Please share with us below!
Haley has been working with seniors and their caregivers for more than 17 years. She has held local and national leadership roles in a variety of senior services and senior care agencies. Today, she is a sought after writer specializing in topics for older adults, their family members, and professional caregivers. When she isn’t at her computer sipping coffee, you can find her hiking with her husband, son, and dog or trying a new cookie recipe in the kitchen. Follow her on LINKEDIN