Are you looking for a fun and meaningful way to celebrate Father’s day this year? Why not try crafting with your dad or granddad?
There are lots of great projects that are perfect for older adults. With a little bit of creativity, you can come up with something special that will remind your dad or granddad how much you appreciate him.
Keep reading for some great father’s day crafts for senior ideas!
Check: The Best TV Recliner for Seniors
Table of Contents
19 Must-Try Father’s Day Crafts for Seniors
1. Baseball Glove Photo Pop-Up Father’s Day Card
One of the best things about fatherhood is passing down your love of the game to the next generation.
If your father was a baseball fan, chances are you have fond memories of playing catch in the backyard or going to see his favorite team play.
This Father’s Day , show your dad how much you appreciate his influence by giving him a Baseball Glove Photo Pop-Up Father’s Day Card.
This handmade card is sure to score points with any baseball fan, and it’s a great way to share some of your own memories with your father.
Also Check: Mother’s Day Crafts for Grandma
2. Owl Card Craft
Father’s Day is just around the corner, and if you’re looking for a thoughtful, handmade gift for your dad, look no further than this owl card craft. It’s perfect for seniors, as it requires no complicated steps or materials.
Simply start with white card stock and add an owl printable template. You could use owl stickers, stamps, or even hand-draw your own owls.
Then, write a heartfelt message inside, and voila! You’ve got a one-of-a-kind Father’s Day card that your dad is sure to love.
Check more ideas for paper crafts.
3. Father’s Day Photo Frame Craft
Celebrate Father’s Day with a favorite photo frame craft! This easy project is perfect for seniors. And it’s a great way to show off your favorite father-daughter or father-son photo or other family photos.
4. Handprint Baseball Card Craft
This Father’s Day, give your dad a card that’s as unique as he is with this handprint baseball card craft. It’s a fun and easy craft project for senior citizens, and it’s a great way to show off your father’s hobbies and interests.
5. DIY Father’s Day Trophy
DIY Father’s day cute crafts are a great way to show your dad how much you love and appreciate him. Not only will he be thrilled to receive a handmade gift from you, but it will also be a lasting reminder of your special bond.
If you’re not sure where to start, try making a simple Father’s day trophy.
6. DAD Card
While store-bought Father’s day cards are always appreciated, there’s nothing quite like a handmade card from a loved one.
This easy project is perfect for those who want to put a personal touch on their Father’s day gift.
7. Paper Bag DIY Father’s Day Book
This year, show your dad how much you care with a homemade book full of your favorite memories together.
It’s a father’s day craft that’s easy to make and personalize, and it’s sure to bring a smile to your dad’s face.
8. Best Dad I Ever Saw Outline
This easy project is perfect for seniors, and it’s a great way to show your dad how much you appreciate him. It’s a great gift for fathers who are hands-on.
9. Teddy Bear Card w/ Kid’s Photo
This homemade gift is easy to make and requires only a few supplies you probably already have around the house. Plus, getting the kids involved in a Father’s day craft is a great opportunity!
10. DIY Father’s Day Fish Card
One way to make this day extra special is by crafty Father’s day gifts from the heart. If your father enjoys fishing, then this DIY Father’s day fish card is the perfect gift for him!
11. Paper Bag Dad Puppets
These charming puppets are easy to make and can be personalized to resemble each father’s unique personality. This easy craft is suitable for those in living facilities or assisted living communities.
12. “We Love You to Pieces” Picture Frame Craft
Get Dad the best present this Father’s Day with a craft made from the heart!
This “We Love You to Pieces” picture frame is the perfect way to show Dad how much he means to you. It’s simple to make and can be tailored to fit any father’s style.
This craft is also an opportunity for seniors to spend quality time with their grandchildren. So gather up the family and get started on this Father’s day classic!
13. DIY Guitar Picks
DIY guitar picks are a great Father’s day craft for seniors. You can make them from just about anything, from old credit cards to pieces of wood.
And best of all, they’re really easy to make.
14. How to Make a Father’s Day Tie for Dad
One of the best Father’s day crafts for seniors is to make a tie for dad! It’s a thoughtful and personal gift that can be tailored to dad’s style.
Plus, it’s a fun activity that can be done relatively cheaply and with few materials.
15. Father’s Day Medal
This Father’s day medal is the perfect way to show your dad how much you appreciate him.
Simply cut out a large circle from construction paper or cardstock, and decorate it with any drawings, colors, or patterns you like.
Then, write a special message for your dad in the center of the circle. To finish, punch a hole in the top of the medal and thread a ribbon through it.
Now, your Father’s day medal is ready to be worn with pride!
16. Tuxedo Matchbox Craft
This thoughtful gift can be made with just a few simple supplies. It is easy enough for seniors to make on their own.
Plus, it’s a great way to upcycle an old matchbox into something new and special.
17. Galaxy Dad Card
This fun craft is the perfect father’s day craft for seniors! With just a few simple supplies, you can create a one-of-a-kind card that is sure to put a smile on Dad’s face.
18. Free Fun Necktie & Shirt Fathers Day Coloring Pages
What could be more thoughtful than a hand-colored necktie or shirt? These coloring pages are the perfect Father’s day craft for seniors.
They’re simple to do, and they’re a great way to show your elderly parents how much you care. So get started today, and make this Father’s Day one to remember!
19. Twist and Pop Fathers Day Card
Making a Father’s day card doesn’t have to be complicated. This twist-and-pop Father’s day card is a great way to show your dad how much you care, and it’s easy to make!
All you need is colorful paper, some scissors, and some glue. Making it an awesome, inexpensive gift.
What Do You Do For Father’s Day in a Nursing Home?
- Father’s Day might conjure up images of barbecue grilling and competitive sports, but what do you actually do for Father’s Day in a nursing home?
- If you’re looking for simple yet heartwarming activity ideas for nursing homes, look no further. Even when residents have limited mobility, strength, and dexterity , there are still plenty of Father’s Day crafty things to do.
- One option is to make a father’s day card. This can be as simple as finding a father’s day template online and printing it out. Or, for a more personal touch, you can hand-make a card using construction paper, markers, and glitter. For an extra-special touch, include a photo of you and your father inside the card.
- Another great idea is to have a special Father’s day lunch or dinner. This can be something as simple as cooking his favorite meal or going out for a nice steak dinner while listening to his favorite music. Whatever you do, make sure it’s something that your father will enjoy and that will make him feel special.
- Another idea is to create a Father’s day collage. Gather up old photos of your father – alone and with family members – and arrange them in a nice collage frame. You can also add handwritten notes or quotes to the collage for a personal touch.
- Finally, consider bringing father’s day flowers or gift baskets to your father’s nursing home room. A simple bouquet of roses or daisies can brighten up any space – and it will let your father know that he is loved and thought of
What should I get my elderly father for Father’s Day
For an elderly father, you should get some sort of memorabilia like a family portrait or history-themed gifts like books or movies.
How do I spoil my husband on Father’s Day?
The best way to spoil your husband on Father day is by letting him unwind, spending time with him, and getting him something he has been wanting.
Father’s Day is a great opportunity to show your dad how much you appreciate him.
These Father’s day projects for seniors are perfect for dads of all ages. The craft ideas are sure to put a smile on their face. We hope you enjoy making these crafts with your dad!
1. Honor Dad The Healthy Way. MedicineNet. Published May 26, 2005. Accessed April 25, 2022. https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=56692
2. Ritter H, Haschke R. Hands, Dexterity, and the Brain. PubMed. Published 2015. Accessed April 25, 2022. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK299038/