Are you looking for some amazing 75th birthday ideas to give your elderly parents or grandparents the best party ever?
It can be hard finding things to do during a party for elderly adults, I know.
Don’t worry, though; we came up with several great party ideas that you can try out now and in the coming years.
Let’s get started!
75th Birthday Ideas to Try
As our parents or grandparents grow older, it becomes more and more difficult finding ways to celebrate their birthday.
By now, they have a house full of things from past birthdays.
Rather than throwing another basic party and piling on more stuff, why not go with an “experience gift” that doubles as a party idea, like these below (don’t worry, we’ll still give you gift ideas, too).
12 Entertaining 75th Birthday Ideas You Can Try Out
There is no better way to show that senior person in your life that you love them than through these great birthday theme ideas.
#1 Plan a Game Night
Seniors tend to fall out of touch with most of their friends, and a birthday is a good time to help them rekindle the friendships.
It’s one of the best 75th birthday presents that your elderly parents or grandparents can get to enjoy.
So, what better way to get them socially engaged than through a well-planned game night? You can invite their friends over and watch them relive the good old days.
#2 Plan for a Fancy Dinner Date
As you age, dinner dates become a thing of the past because enjoying a meal at home is more ideal.
Help your dad or grandpa plan a fancy dinner out with the love of their life.
It’s one of the best ways of saying “happy 75th birthday!” It also a great way of celebrating an anniversary if they have one coming up.
#3 Host a Family Dinner
How long has it been since you last had a family dinner? If your dad is the birthday boy, for instance, help him plan for the family dinner.
Imagine how great it would be to have all of your cousins, uncles, and aunts all under one roof to celebrate his birthday.
It would be an event that everyone will be talking about for the rest of their lives and it would also be a great way for him to create a lasting legacy for when he will no longer be with you all.
#4 Have a Spa Day
Is your mom or grandma about to turn 75 and you are looking for the best birthday party ideas for her?
I love spa day and it’s one of the most relaxing ways I can think of to spend my birthday. So, why not do that for the birthday girl?
Help her feel young again because you know that she deserves a whole day of relaxation and pampering. She’s earned it!
Whether that means spending the day at the spa or bringing the spa home, either way, it will be something she will not forget.
#5 Fulfill Something on Their Bucket List
75 is a great milestone birthday and it’s the perfect age to start checking off some items on your bucket list.
What is that thing your parent or grandparent has always dreamt of doing?
At 75, one is still healthy enough for some bucket-list-worthy physical activities like skydiving and horseback riding.
Why don’t you help tick off at least one activity on their bucket list? As long as it’s not something that will be putting their health at risk, go ahead and do it!
#6 Visit Some Memorable Sites
Turning 75 means one thing; there are tons of memories! There are so many people as well as places that hold significant meaning for your mom, dad, or grandparents.
If you are looking for birthday gift ideas, give your mom or dad the gift of reliving those memories.
It could be a trip to where they met, where your dad proposed, or another place that holds meaning to both of them.
#7 Plan for a Once in a Lifetime Trip
Is there a trip that your parents or grandparents have always wanted to take but have never been able to?
India, Thailand, Barcelona, or Australia, there must be a place they’ve always wanted to visit but couldn’t.
Rather than a 75th birthday party that will last a few hours, plan for a trip that they can take to fulfill one of their birthday wishes.
Great Gifts For 75th Birthday
Are you looking for the best 75th birthday gift ideas for your favorite senior? Here are some of the best gifts that you can get your loved ones during their 75th birthday celebration.
FYI, this part of the post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
#8 Quirky Mugs
Grandma or grandpa probably has a cupboard full of personalized mugs, so why not go with something funny instead?
You could customize it with messages like “I’m not 75, I’m 21 with 54 years of practice” or “Not everyone looks this good at 75.”
We also love this one from Amazon, it’s funny without being inappropriate.
- FUNNY COFFEE MUG: There Is More To This Mug Than Just A Funny Message. The Image Is Professionally Printed To Ensure It Will Last In The Microwave and Dishwasher. We Also Printed The Image On Both Sides To Make Sure Left-Handers Did Not Feel Left Out.
- COFFEE, TEA & HOT CHOCOLATE LOVERS: Enjoy Your Favorite Hot Beverage At Home Or Work In This Funny Coffee Mug. Perfect Size To Start Your Morning Off Right.
- FOR ANY OCCASION: Perfect For Birthdays, Holidays, Graduation Or Any Special Occasion Where A Smile Is Needed.
- A STYLE FOR EVERY PERSONALITY: Looking For A Present That They Will Actually Use And Appreciate? This Coffee Mug Is For You. Surprise Your Sister, Brother, Wife, Husband, Coworker, Boss, Boyfriend, Or Girlfriend. Each Mug Ships In A Full Color Box.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: Purchase This Mug With Confidence Knowing This Official Funny Guy Mugs Creation Was Created To Last And Put A Smile On Your Face.
#9 A Personal Memoir Book
If you don’t have a gift for 75-year-old seniors, get them the Story of a Lifetime book. It’s one of the best ideas and something they will cherish all their life.
The book comes with a range of questions that will help them reflect on some of their best years.
It a great book that sheds light on a life well-lived, and it’s something that the entire family can cherish for generations to come.
- Green Leatherette Hardcover
- gold foil embossed front and spine
- gilt-edged acid free pages
- hardcover in traditional design
- individually shrink-wrapped
- Hardcover Book
- Pavuk, Stephen (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
#10 Vintage Vinyl Record Player
Your favorite senior will appreciate a trip down memory lane with a vintage vinyl record player. Anybody who was born in the 40s grew up at the age of traditional dances and vinyl albums, after all!
And what’s even better is that you can make their day by partnering with them for a dance. I mean, if that doesn’t say ‘happy birthday,’ I don’t know what does.
I love this one on Amazon because it has a super vintage vibe to it!
- 【2-Speed(33/45RPM) Vinyl Record Player Turntable With Sophisticated Details / Support Vinyl Record Of 7"/10"/12"】Featured fine and sturdy wood base, this beautiful vintage phonograph is expertly handcrafted by highly skilled artisans with several processes. Its smooth lines with the hand-colored paint nicely detailed in all of the sides. The brass horn is riveted by 8 petals of brass by hand with the antiquated surface.
- 【Offering High Quality & Richer Stereo Sound - A 10W Tweeter and 2 x 20W Full-range Stereo Speakers】The brass horn equipped with a 10W tweeter will maximally reproduce the realism of sound. The sound amplified by the horn will be more effective, powerful and clean to shake your soul. It also built with 2 x 20W full-range stereo speakers in the base giving a 360-degree stereo surround sound with rich and multi-layer feeling.
- 【A High Spec Phonograph Turntable - Belt Drive Turntable with Ruby Stylus & Brass Horn】In order to offering this gramophone with best quality , we choose the belt drive design, ruby stylus and the brass horn. You can just enjoy the remarkable music with this phonograph turntable with long lifetime.
- 【Also Can Act As A Vintage Look Music Player & FM Radio With Bluetooth/Aux in/FM Radio Functions】This gramophone can not only stream your favorite music from your smartphone or your music player via Bluetooth or with the 3.5mm Aux input, USB input port but also can play the daily tunes on the FM Radio.
- 【Quick and Easy To Set Up/Support Remote Control】Simply install it with a very easy understanding manual within 10 minutes, no skill or tools needed. You can control the Vinyl record player turntable with the panel and also the remote. Ready to enjoy your favorite music! We are here to provide professional customer service and 12 months Warranty for a reassuring purchase.
#11 Smart Speaker
Many people would agree that the best gift for a 75th birthday is something that makes life easier. A smart speaker is an excellent choice.
Talking to Alexa, Siri, or Google will keep your favorite senior entertained and engaged.
These devices are so easy to use in the home and they can help with everyday tasks, like setting timers, creating shopping lists, and telling you the weather forecast.
They can also provide entertainment by playing music, podcasts, or audiobooks. An Echo Dot is a great affordable option!
- Meet the all-new Echo Dot - Our most popular smart speaker with Alexa. The sleek, compact design delivers crisp vocals and balanced bass for full sound.
- Voice control your entertainment - Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, SiriusXM, and others. Play music, audiobooks, and podcasts throughout your home with multi-room music.
- Ready to help - Ask Alexa to tell a joke, play music, answer questions, play the news, check the weather, set alarms, and more.
- Control your smart home - Use your voice to turn on lights, adjust thermostats, and lock doors with compatible devices.
- Connect with others - Call almost anyone hands-free. Instantly drop in on other rooms or announce to the whole house that dinner's ready.
- Designed to protect your privacy – Amazon is not in the business of selling your personal information to others. Built with multiple layers of privacy controls including a mic off button.
#12 Bathtub Grip Bar
Most seniors past the age of 70 tend to have limited mobility because of injuries they may have picked up. As such, the bathroom is usually the most dangerous area in the house.
So, if you are looking for a fabulous gift for 75 birthday or even their 75th anniversary, a bathroom grip bar will be perfect.
This way, they feel safe and secure every time they get in and out of the tub.
Birthday celebrations are not just for the young! Seniors can still enjoy them, too. There is still a lot that you can do to celebrate their special day.
Whether that means holding a party at home, pampering them at the spa, or planning that once-in-a-lifetime trip they’ve always wanted to take, it’s about time you helped them tick some things off the bucket list.
And you now have the best 75th birthday ideas plus gifts you can get your favorite human.
Do you have other 75th birthday ideas in mind? Please share with us below!