Are you looking for a comprehensive Vive Health Lift Chair Recliner review to help you decide if this stylish power recliner is the right choice for you?
Then I’ve got you covered because my father has been using the Vive Health power lift chair recliner for quite some time, so I can’t wait to share my lift chair review with you.
Just keep reading.
This post contains affiliate links. We earn a commission if you make a purchase at no extra cost to you.
Vive Health massage lift chair is one of the best recliners for seniors and people with limited mobility due to its user-friendly design and excellent back support.
Vive Health Lift Chair Recliner Review
A lift TV recliner is much more than a pretty piece of furniture you use for relaxation or watching TV. It can improve your posture and help you safely rise to a standing position.
As specialists from WebMD explain, “You won’t use as much energy getting up from a lift chair, so you may benefit from reduced fatigue, especially in the shoulders.” (1)
But how good is Vive Health’s massage lift chair, and is it worth it?
For me, the Vive Health recliner is one of the best chairs to elevate legs and relax in front of the TV because of its design, features, and easy assembly.
But let’s get started with my Vive Health reclining lift chair reviews, so you can understand why this power chair recliner has impressed me so much.
Features of Vive Health Lift Chair Recliner
Vive Health is a company with a well-earned reputation for providing high-quality medical equipment, mobility scooters, and walking aids.
Moreover, Vive Health offers an excellent balance between prices and quality, and they’re dedicated to providing the perfect mobility products to suit their customer’s needs.
ALSO CHECK: Vive Mobility Upright Walker
Vive Health power massage chair features a durable metal base for durability, a powerful motor for smooth motion, and a convenient side pocket for storage.
It’s a 3-position lift chair, meaning that it reclines fully. The footrest doesn’t have a separate control, so it extends when you recline the chair.
The well-padded upholstery is made from dark brown material, easy to clean and maintain. I love the neutral brown color because it’s an excellent choice for any home interior.
And after getting in touch with customer support, I can testify that Vive Health has an excellent customer service department.
You can always reach out to ask them questions on assembly, warranty, etc., and they’ll reply to you as quickly as possible.
ALSO CHECK: Does Medicare Pay for Lift Chairs for Seniors?
The seat is comfortable, well-padded, and measures 18” x 20.5.” The whole chair measures 20.5″ x 26″ x 38″ with a length of 63 inches when fully reclined and a weight capacity of 300 pounds.
Vive Health’s soft power recliner has five massage modes with two intensity settings for ultimate comfort and relaxation:
- Normal vibration
- Press mode
- Pulse mode
Each massage option lasts 15 minutes, and you can’t change the duration. But I like using the remote massage control to target which areas to massage, for example, the lumbar region.
It’s also easy to adjust the soft power recliner from a seated position to any reclined position, making it the perfect chair to elevate your legs or help you stand up.
Vive Health also has an oversized lift chair recliner with the same features but a different seat height and seat depth. It measures 20.5″ x 21,” great for customers who want a wider, comfortable seat.
Vive’s oversized lift chairs also have a larger weight capacity – 350 pounds, but they have the same reclined length as the standard model.
What’s Included in the Package
When I unboxed my Viva Health recliner, the package contained:
- Viva’s power lift massage chair
- A power cord
- A massage unit power adapter/cord,
- Two remote controls
The product ships in a big brown box with plenty of padding, so there’s little chance of serious or cosmetic damage.
The chair weighs 88 pounds, so it’s not a heavy item, but I needed some help moving it to the living room. I found the assembly instructions at the bottom of the box, so don’t forget to check everything carefully.
In the event of damage during shipping, you have a one-year warranty to return the product if it’s not in excellent condition.
But you should keep the original packing material, depending on the return conditions and the shipping policy.
Watch this recap video below:
How to Assemble Vive Health Power Lift Chair
Unlike other recliners that take hours to assemble, I put together Vive Health’s 3-position lift chair recliner in minutes because it has a pre-assembled base.
You also don’t need any tools during the assembly process, and the chair comes with detailed, easy-to-follow instructions:
- Place the recliner on a flat surface and ensure it’s within reach of two power outlets.
- Take the left side panel and slide it into the grooves of the durable metal base to lock it in place. Repeat with the right-side panel.
- Get the backrest and align the metal grooves with the brakes on the metal frame. It should slide down to the brackets.
- Lift the flap on the back of the recliner. Locate the two white wires and connect them.
- I used this video to connect the rest of the wires.
- Once you’ve assembled the recliner, you have to close the flap at the back. Then you can enjoy the comfortable seat and massage features for hours!
- Ensure you have placed the power recliner at least 20 inches from the wall and that you have two outlets available to supply power.
How to Use Vive Health Power Lift Chair
Vive Health’s recliner was relatively easy to use, and I quickly got the hangout.
As seen from this photo, the remote controls are user-friendly, allowing you to change between modes and intensity with ease or recline the chair.
All you have to do is press and hold the recline button when you want to recline the back or lift the leg rests for comfort. When the soft lift chair is in the desired position, you release the button.
The lift button raises the backrest and lowers the leg rests. When the recliner is upright, holding this button lifts the seat up, helping you into a standing position.
The upward motion is also smooth, so you don’t have to worry about falling out of the recliner while using Vive’s 3- position lift chair.
But while this chair is small in size, you still need to make sure you have plenty of space around it when it is in the reclined position.
How to Care for Viva Health Power Lift Chair
Vive Health’s excellent lift chair is easy to maintain. The brown material doesn’t stain easily, and the comfortable seat is easy to clean if there’s an accident:
- First, unplug the chair and the massage unit.
- Clean the surface with a damp cloth. Use a mild detergent. Avoid anything abrasive that could damage the upholstery.
- Wipe the chair with a dry cloth to remove the moisture and let it dry.
- Once the upholstery is completely dry, you can plug the chair and the massage unit.
Where to Buy Viva Health Power Lift Recliner
You can buy Vive Health’s remote-controlled power lift chair from many online retailers, and there’s not much price difference. So, let’s discuss your best options in brief.
Amazon offers free delivery with the fastest shipping times and the lowest prices.
You can also purchase an indoor furniture accident protection plan, and the chair is eligible for refund, return, or replacement within 30 days.
- STAND UP WITH EASE: Perfect for seniors and those with limited mobility, the Vive lift chair moves upward with a forward tilt to make standing up easier while reducing pressure on the knees, hips and back. The remote-controlled power lift chair features a durable metal base and powerful lift motor for a smooth, upward motion.
- COMFORTABLY RECLINE AND RELAX: The power lift chair also includes a power recline feature, elevating the legs and lowering the back for ultimate comfort and relaxation. Using the remote control, the lift recliner can be adjusted to support any reclined position for personalized comfort.
- 5 SOOTHING MASSAGE MODES: Relieving common aches and pains, the power lift and massage chair features five massage modes with two levels of intensity. An intuitive remote control also allows you to select the area to be massaged, including the upper back, lower back and thighs.
- STYLISH UPHOLSTERY: Designed to work with any decor, the massage and power lift chair features a neutral, dark brown upholstery. Well-padded, the soft power recliner features simple lines and a convenient side pocket to securely hold the remote controls, magazines or similar items. Easy to maintain, the upholstery can be cleaned with a damp cloth and mild detergent as needed.
- COMPACT DESIGN: This chair is desgined to fit in tight locations and accomodates for all different settings. It is an ideal solution for any individual required a little more assistance.
Get it With:
Vive offers you standard free shipping with no additional shipping fee for United States customers. However, they don’t ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and internationally.
You also get the standard one-year warranty and 3-5 business day delivery. I purchased my power chair recliner through Vive Health’s website, and I’m very satisfied with the shipping and customer support.
- Mobility Paradise
By purchasing the oversized Vive Health massage lift chair from Mobility Paradise, you get a free reversible chair cover and can pay extra for some add-ons.
You don’t have to pay shipping fees for orders without the 48 lower states. Check the shipping policy for orders outside the United States, including Hawaii, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
Also, the site allows you to purchase an extended warranty – two, three, or five years.
My Experience Using Vive Health Power Lift Chair
Before purchasing Vive Health’s recliner, I checked the Vive Lift Chair ratings and read through the reviews of the positive/negative recliner lift chair.
After using the Vive Health power lift chair recliner for a few months, I can say that I’m thrilled with the positioning options, the user-friendly controls, and the massage options.
Still, the lift feature is a bit slow, so it’s not handy when you have to get up in a hurry. But the powerful lift motor ensures a smooth upward motion, and the brown upholstery cleans in minutes.
The only thing that could make this power recliner chair better would be if you could lift the leg rest and the backrest independently, like the Relax the Back Chair.
Also, check our review of the best recliner chair to sleep in.
What is a Lift Chair?
A lift chair is like a recliner, but it has a powerful lift motor to raise you to a standing position. Like the Total Lift chair, some chairs are specially designed for patients to assist in their recovery.
Does the lift recliner chair swivel?
Some power lift chairs swivel and rock, but these tend to be more expensive. Vive Health Power Massage Chair doesn’t swivel.
Does the large lift chair lay flat when reclined?
No, Vive Health’s power lift chair lies at a gentle angle when fully reclined for personalized comfort.
What are the Pros and Cons of Lift Chairs?
Lift chairs can help you stand up without the assistance of a family member and reduce the risk of injury when standing up. And they allow you to relax in various comfortable positions.
Still, some therapists don’t recommend them because lift chairs do all the hard work for you, and your leg muscle may grow weaker.
After receiving and testing this power lift chair, I can say that Viva Health power lift recliners are perfect for anyone who wants extra comfort and power lumbar support.
And these power lift recliners can be an excellent mobility aid for seniors who need assistance standing up.
Moreover, according to studies, patients who use adjustable recliner chairs recover quicker than patients in hospital beds. (2)
As such, I highly recommend Vive Health’s excellent lift chair to elevate legs and relax after a hard day of work.
What do you think about my Vive Power Lift chairs reviews? Have you ever tried Vive Health Lift Chair Recliner for seniors? Share your Vive lift chair recliner reviews in the comment section.
- 1. What to Know About Lift Chairs [Internet]. WebMD. [cited 2022 May 5]. Available from: https://www.webmd.com/health-insurance/what-to-know-about-lift-chairs
- 2. Agodoa SE, Holder MA, Fowler SM. Effects of recliner-chair versus traditional hospital bed on postsurgical diagnostic laparoscopic recovery time. Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing. 2002;17:318–24.