A rollator walker is probably one of the most valuable inventions for many seniors and individuals with slight mobility issues. 
As mobility aids, they provide a lot of conveniences so that these individuals may continue to live independently as they go through their daily routines.
There is a slight problem, though, when it comes to using a rollator. Users find it quite challenging to store them away when they need to.
While folding a walker may seem like a difficult task, these tips may help make a seemingly difficult task more manageable for you to do.
Folding a rollator depends on the kind of rollator that you have: traditional and side-folding.
How Do You Fold a Rollator Walker?
Traditional rollators are the usual ones you see with the seats and underneath baskets. They may be a bit heavy, so they may give you a bit of a problem if you have to lift them. 
They also are a bit unstable when folded, so you may find it hard to lean them against a wall during storage.
If you do need to fold a traditional rollator, you may find these tips helpful so storage won’t be much of a problem for you:
- Expose the crossbar that lies underneath the attached basket by removing the basket.
- Position yourself behind the rollator and lift the seat flap.
- Grab the crossbar as you lift the seat flap and pull the crossbar in an upward motion until the rollator folds and gets flattened.
Check our review of the best rollator walker with seat!
Side-folding rollators are easier to handle than traditional rollators since they can stand independently when folded.
In terms of weight, though, they are, more or less, the same weight as traditional rollators.
There are those made from carbon fiber, though slightly lighter in weight.
Side-folding rollators usually have a handle attached at the middle of the seat, which you can pull in an upward motion to fold the rollator.
A clip keeps the rollator folded, making it easy to store and put away.
READ MORE: Best 3 Wheel Rollator Walker
This video demonstrates how to fold a side-folding rollator in a few easy steps.
So next time you need to store your rollator, make sure to use some of the tips above and let me know how it went.
- 1. How to Choose a Walker for Older Adults [Internet]. WebMD. [cited 2022 Feb 2]. Available from: https://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/how-to-choose-walker-older-adults
- 2. What is a Rollator Walker? [Internet]. The Perfect Walker. [cited 2022 Feb 2]. Available from: https://www.theperfectwalker.com/differences-between-rollator-and-standard-walker/
Do you have other tips on how to fold a rollator walker? Let us know below!