Looking for some amazingly motivational senior fitness quotes?
Maybe you’re trying to get inspired to get your exercise routine back on track?
We’ve got you covered below!
Read on for 50 inspirational quotes that will make you want to hit a gym right away.
Here’s a quick video overview of our top 10 favorites!
50 Fun and Inspiring Senior Fitness Quotes
Whether you need some motivation to do your morning stretching exercises or inspiration to start a whole new fitness routine, these quotes and sayings will help!
Just remember to talk to your doctor before starting any new workout regimens.
1. “You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred.” Woody Allen
2. “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty.” Coco Chanel
3. “Those who think they have no time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” Edward Stanley
4. “Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength.” Betty Friedan
5. “Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculpture.” Nobel Prize winner Alexis Carrell
6. “Aging is not lost youth, but a new stage of opportunity and strength.” Betty Friedan
7. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” Confucius
8. “Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.” Eleanor Roosevelt
9. “Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are.” Muhammad Ali
10. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” C.S. Lewis
11. “Age is a matter of feeling, not of years.” George William Curtis
12. “You are never too old to reinvent yourself.” Steve Harvey
13. “I’ll be happy if running and I can grow old together.” Haruki Murakami
14. “Getting fit is all about mind over matter. I don’t mind, so it doesn’t matter.” Adam Hargreaves
15. “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” Lance Armstrong
16. “You dream. You plan. You reach. There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, with belief, with confidence and trust in yourself and those around you, there are no limits.” Michael Phelps
17. “Don’t measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability.” John Wooden
18. “It’s easier to stay in shape if you never let yourself get out of shape in the first place.” Bill Loguidice
19. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” Arnold Schwarzenegger
20. “The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.” John Bingham
21. “It is exercise alone that supports these spirits, and keeps the mind in vigor.” Cicero
22. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” Arnold Schwarzenegger
23. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” Thomas Jefferson
24. “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion.” Arnold Schwarzenegger
25. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” Mahatma Gandhi
26. “Discipline is doing what you hate to do, but nonetheless doing it like you love it.” Mike Tyson
27. “You would be surprised what two hours of daily exercise and five hundred stomach crunches can do for you.” Justina Chen
28. “At the end of the day, your health is your responsibility.” Jillian Michaels
29. “The best day to start exercising is today. Tomorrow can turn into weeks, months or years.” Mark Dilworth
30. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” Michael Jordan
31. “Create a routine. If you take these two steps – setting aside the time and making your body move – three or four days per week, then you have in effect established a routine. It is this routine, this plan, this expectation of yourself that is going to give you the power to change the nature of your relationship with exercise. “Bob Harper
32. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” Jim Ryun
33. “Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.” Jack Lalanne
34. “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” John F. Kennedy
35. “Exercise is done against one’s wishes and maintained only because the alternative is worse.” George A. Sheehan
36. “Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind.” Jackie Joyner-Kersee
37. “You have to push past your perceived limits, push past that point you thought was as far as you can go.” Drew Brees
38. “There’s more to life than training, but training is what puts more in your life.” Brooks Kubik
39. “The first wealth is health.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
40. “A healthy body is a platform for flourishing a healthy mind.” Pawan Mishra
41. “Stop making excuses and start giving yourself enough reasons why you must eat healthier and exercise regularly. Excuses are your enemies of progress.” Edmond Mbiaka
42. “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz
43. “You can have results or excuses, but not both.” Arnold Schwarzenegger
44. “You can reach maximum performance by engaging in physical activities.” Lailah Gifty Akita
45. “Getting more exercise isn’t only good for your waistline. It’s a natural anti-depressant, that leaves you in a great mood.” Auliq Ice
46. “It’s never too late to become what you might have been.” George Eliot
47. “Do today what others won’t so tomorrow you can do what others can’t.” Jerry Rice
48. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” Jim Rohn
49. “Your love for what you do and willingness to push yourself where others aren’t prepared to go is what will make you great.” Laurence Shahlaei
50. “To be precise, there are three gems for healthy life: sufficient workouts, healthy food, and enough sleep.” Girdhar Joshi